This is a high performance private instruction program for players with the vision and commitment to work toward excellence at the highest levels. The highly customizable program aims to provide a roadmap to families with long-term goal orientation to support their athlete in the pursuit of their dreams. Candidates will be accepted through an application process designed to help Altus identify athletes and families whose visions and values are in close alignment with the Altus ethos.
Based on an initial evaluation, a unique Performance Plan will be developed for each athlete that plans out goals, critical performance metrics, and a custom playing/training schedule.
Cornerstones of the Altus High Performance Golf Program
- Long Term Plan
- Governed by athlete’s current performance and end goal orientation.
- Performance Analytics
- Ongoing critical skill evaluation from practice and competitive rounds using game analysis software.
- Strength & Conditioning
- Each athlete is closely monitored to ensure that their training aligns with their physiological stage of development.
- Performance Coaching
- Eliciting the development of ‘the skills you can’t see’. Playing strategies, Pre-event game planning, Post event debriefing and review, Psychology of performance.
- Competitive schedule planning and development of skills training plans to fit the competitive calendar.
- Collegiate Recruitment
- We guide the athlete and parents through the recruitment process to the end of securing a collegiate team spot.
- Equipment Optimization
- All athletes are supported by industry leading fitting support to ensure their equipment enhances their on-course performance.
- Support in Competition
- Event observation is critical to accurate evaluation and continued skill development as such a recommended competitive schedule must be adhered to; as coaches will be in attendance.
The Altus Anywhere program is designed to help us overcome two of our greatest obstacles in supporting your continued development: time and proximity. This remote coaching program provides us with the necessary tools to extend our reach for 1/ out-of-town clients unable to see us for regular in-person sessions and 2/ in-town clients who desire more support along with frequent check-ups between sessions. Rather than leave a session and be on your own until we can meet again, Altus Anywhere allows us to offer greater access to a full array of coaching tools and maintain uninterrupted forward momentem towards your goals.
- Offered in three tiers: Essential, Complete and Competitive. Click here for more details.
A compressed version of our yearlong High Performance Training Program designed for the athletes that are traveling to Dallas to receive periodic access to Altus coaching services.
2019 COMBINE SCHEDULE:
High Performance Combines-- March 13-15, June 25-27, July 30-Aug 1
Aspire Combines-- June 4-6, July 9-11
Combines are typically a three-day events, but can be customized to meet the unique needs of our out-of-town clients. Activities include private instruction focusing on technical improvements, group sessions with an emphasis on skill development, along with on-course coaching and competition. Long term performance plans, training design, and continued correspondence upon completion of the Combine offer additional, extended benefits to clients taking advantage of this unique offering.
A full-time residential program for high performance youth athletes. More details available upon request.
A developmental program offering weekly 90-minute group instruction classes. The developmental program runs for 12 weeks and is offered two times/year running in conjunction with school semesters.
SPRING SEMESTER (JAN - APRIL)
FALL SEMESTER (SEP - DEC)
This program is designed for the beginner to novice participant (aged 5 to 9 years old) interested in sampling golf as a sport. The program goals reside in developing a love for the game shared with peers in a group setting using holistic coaching methods emphasizing game play as the mechanism for skill development.
Players can remain in this program multiple sessions as the program includes skills testing and progression within each 12-week cycle. Graduation from this program: Decided based on 1/ Skill development 2/ Students participation desires 3/ Time commitments.
Program covers sport specific skill development while also developing fundamental movement skills and physical proficiency. On course activity and fundamental golf knowledge will be covered in this program.
Players are involved in 6 hours of coaching/month.
This program is designed for the player (aged 10–16 years old) making the step into competitive golf.
The curriculum will introduce the athlete to more advanced training principles and introductory level competition. Weekly classes are offered year-round, with each 90-minute session offering a variety of skill development tasks designed specifically with the new competitor in mind.